Our Mergers and Acquisitions Practice attorneys have extensive experience representing private and public companies in a wide range of domestic and cross-border transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, as well as equity and debt financings, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures, and going-private transactions.
We regularly advise clients across a broad range of industries, including business services, consumer products, retailing, distribution and logistics, energy, financial services, franchising, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing and industrial supply, chemicals, food service, software, technology, telecommunications, and transportation.
With assistance from our focused practice areas, including our antitrust, employment, tax, real estate, intellectual property, environmental and regulatory practitioners, we assist our clients in structuring, negotiating and executing transactions in a diligent, pragmatic and cost-efficient manner.
We are well-versed in helping smaller and mid-sized companies, which may not regularly use financial, transactional and legal resources customarily employed by larger businesses, as they navigate M&A transactions. Our lawyers are equally experienced in assisting in-house counsel with their transactional needs as they are in representing private equity and other investors in buy-side and sell-side deals.
Recent representative M&A transactions on which we’ve assisted include:
- Represented a national, discount airline in its $1.37 billion sale to a competitor.
- Advised a global, mini-mill steel producer in its $165 million acquisition of a competitor.
- Served as M&A and franchise counsel to a multi-brand, household services franchisor in its $107 million sale to a private equity group.
- Represented the private equity division of a large family office in its acquisition of an aviation technology business.
- Served as lead counsel to a photovoltaic power plant developer in the sale of a 30-megawatt DC solar-generation project.
- Advised a German manufacturer of organic fibers and related products in its acquisition of a private equity-owned pet products company.
- Represented a commercial building and home improvement products manufacturer in its over $900 million acquisition of a building materials supplier.
- Advised a publicly-traded, multinational medical device company in its $6 million, strategic acquisition of a gastrointestinal diagnostic products provider.
- Represented a healthcare technology company in its $16.5 million acquisition of a crisis management software provider.
- Represented the buyer in its strategic acquisition of a regional air cargo carrier and FBO business, and its simultaneous sale of the acquired FBO business to the world’s largest FBO provider.
- Served as principal M&A counsel to a publicly-traded chemicals company in three strategic acquisitions in oil field chemicals involving more than $500 million.
- Represented a private equity group in its acquisition of a multi-state portfolio of franchised, quick-service restaurants.
- Represented a client in numerous portfolio sales of senior living facilities to real estate investment firms, in each case for consideration over $100 million.
- Advised a medical software and staffing company in its approximately $400 million sale to a major private equity fund.
- Represented the senior management of a multi-boutique investment management firm with over $50 billion in assets under management in its sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented national alcoholic beverages distributor in its reorganization and business combination with a major competitor, forming the second-largest wine, spirits and beer distributor in the United States.
- Represented the shareholders of a publicly-traded regional bank holding company in connection with its merger with one of the Southeast’s largest regional bank holding companies.