SGR’s bankruptcy practice has since become one of the leading bankruptcy practices in the Southeast, having extensive experience in non-judicial financial reorganization and bankruptcy representation of creditor and equity committees, secured and unsecured creditors, equity security holders, indenture trustees, debtors and purchasers of insolvent companies. Recently, SGR expanded its expertise in this area when it opened an office in New York City and added several lawyers with decades of experience in bankruptcy matters.
This background, together with our experience in commercial lending transactions and general representation of commercial financial institutions as well as a broad range of business enterprises, enables us to provide a full spectrum of bankruptcy and creditors’ rights services to our clients. In addition, due to the diverse experience of the Firm as a whole, we are able to draw on assistance from attorneys who practice in other segments of the law, such as real estate, litigation, and securities, that complement our bankruptcy and lending practice.
SGR’s philosophy is to seek practical business solutions while being prepared for litigation. The broad experience of our attorneys often results in creative solutions for difficult problems.
SGR attorneys have had wide-ranging experience in a number of bankruptcy cases including the following:
- Skymark Holdings, Inc. (Debtors)
- Flooring America (Debtor)
- Avianca Airlines (Debtor)
- Skybus Airlines, Inc. (Debtor)
- Trans World Airlines (Debtor)
- Towle Manufacturing (Ad hoc Bondholders Committee)
- The Sport Shoe, Inc. (Creditors’ Committee)
- Heilig-Meyers Furniture Stores (DIP Lender)
- Just For Feet (Debtor)
- Metropolitan Mattress (Debtor)
- Tobago Bay Trading Company (Creditors’ Committee)
- Super Discount d/b/a Cub Foods (Creditors’ Committee)
- CT Crew (Creditors’ Committee)
- Healthco International, Inc. (Trustee)
- GT Automation Group, Inc. (Trustee)
- ItsOnlyRocknRoll.com, Inc. (Creditors’ Committee)
- Coudert Brothers LLP (Plan Administrator)
- New Jersey Affordable Homes (DIP Lender, Auctioneer)
- Kara Homes, Inc. (Auctioneer)
- Winn-Dixie Stores (Real Estate Counsel to Debtor)
- Value Music Concepts Inc.