SGR Labs is an innovation team comprised of legal practitioners, engineers, and software developers. SGR Labs is partnering with software developers and thought leaders in the legal industry to develop and provide practical legal solutions in a quickly evolving legal landscape. The initiative, which provides a platform for research and collaboration across practice groups, has three initial mandates: software implementation, data analytics, and automation.
Software Implementation: Procurement, development, and education in software to ensure SGR attorneys and clients are efficiently leveraging technology in their practice.
- SGR and SGR Labs have implemented in-house tools for competitive landscapes, diligence, and prior art searches.
- We are partnering with our clients and their development teams on a regular basis to integrate our services with their development cycle.
- Additional completive information makes for better claim strategy and more value for legal spend.
- SGR Labs has implemented a “shadow docket” with customizable fields to track patent filings and share information with various stakeholders in a readable fashion.
- Not all stakeholders in the IP process appreciate the typical docket report – we understand the need to customize for the audience.
- We deployed patent review tools to ensure consistency in draft applications and responses.
Data Analytics: Collection and analysis of practice information to better understand how practices and procedures overlap with client value.
- We have implemented data analytics tools that provide data-driven insights relating to patent filings, Examiners, and disposition of applications.
- SGR and SGR Labs analyzes legal spend to provide more accurate budget projections.
Automation: Leveraging artificial intelligence, human-machine interfacing, and a new age assembly line to provide the highest quality legal work product in a cost/time-sensitive environment.
- SGR Labs has partnered with software developers to offer a “hybrid model” supported by AI tools for preparing draft patent applications.
- We automate draft response templates and certain forms through software to allow our attorneys to focus on the heavy lifting.
Our team is driven by diligence. Diligence is realized through information and meticulous processing. SGR Labs is here to support our thoughtful attorneys with the necessary information in order to provide diligent service to our clients.