Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP’s Japan Practice Group endeavors to be a “one-stop shop” for Japanese and Japan-related companies seeking to do business in the U.S., as well as U.S. enterprises seeking to do business in Japan. The attorneys in the Japan Practice Group provide comprehensive support to clients on a variety of matters related to international business operations, ranging from initial formation; site selection and incentives negotiations; day-to-day operational matters; all manner of transactions; and when necessary, services related to mediation, arbitration, and litigation.
SGR attorneys have used their international law expertise to advise Japanese companies seeking to enter into and expand in the U.S. market. Conversely, the firm also has experience in assisting U.S. companies looking to establish a presence in Japan. The international legal issues that arise often span across many practice groups; the following are just some of the areas covered by SGR’s Japan Practice Group:
- Corporate Formation and Governance
- Labor and Employment Compliance & Advice
- Relocation Issues
- Real Estate Transactions
- Corporate Reorganization and Operation of Subsidiaries
- Acquisitions, Mergers, Joint Ventures, Joint Development, and Licensing Matters
- Site Selection and Government Incentives Negotiations
- Intellectual Property Matters (patents, trademarks, copyrights)
- Immigration & Global Mobility Cases
- Regulatory Compliance
- Construction Agreements
The international law attorneys who make up SGR’s Japan Practice Group are versed in identifying the complexities that arise in the formation and operation of global businesses. Together with our clients, we strive to accomplish the ultimate goal: a seamless transition into and expansion in the international market.