Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP has established a comprehensive practice to address various legal and commercial issues facing the emerging unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) industry (drone law).
The United States is home to complicated airspace. With some of the world’s busiest airports, U.S. aviation includes commercial airliners, logistics and cargo aircraft, private aircraft and emergency responders. Unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), more widely known as “drones,” have officially entered the scene and U.S. regulators, companies, and individuals are working to seamlessly integrate UAS into this airspace. As a complement to its historical Global Transport Practice, Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP established a comprehensive UAS practice to provide legal and commercial guidance to UAS manufacturers, operators, and end-users who seek to navigate the emerging issues facing the UAS industry.
The regulatory, technology and other legal and commercial issues brought about by UAS affect many industries. Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP developed a multi-disciplinary UAS practice to address them. In this ever-changing industry, our experienced drone law attorneys can assist our clients with:
- FAA, state, and local regulatory and compliance issues
- Expedited UAS approvals and Part 107 or Section 333 exemptions
- Risk management, insurance coverage, and liability issues
- Intellectual property protection and concerns
- Data security and privacy matters
- Counter-UAS privacy and safety guidance
- General corporate and employment services to UAS-related companies
- Business strategy for successful integration and use of UAS
Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP is a client-focused international law firm. Our drone law attorneys can draw upon the knowledge base of other practicing attorneys (such as corporate, technology, tax, intellectual property, global transport, etc.) to provide an even broader range of services for our UAS clients. We leverage the talent of our team to best serve and benefit our clients as they navigate the increasingly complex and evolving UAS industry.