Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP (SGR) is pleased to announce the firm has launched the SGR COVID-19 Resource Center to provide guidance to clients in navigating the growing legal considerations and risks they may encounter during the national emergency resulting from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak. This SGR webpage will be updated regularly with the latest news and developments as they become available.
Additionally, we have assembled a COVID-19 Task Force of Smith, Gambrell & Russell attorneys who are available to help clients navigate this evolving public health crisis. They represent diverse practice areas and industries. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact an attorney on our Response Team.
Below is a list of resources, such as webinars, alerts, blogs, articles, and communications, the firm has developed as the COVID-19 situation has unfolded.
- Multifamily Real Estate and the CARES Act
- The Paycheck Protection Program Under the CARES Act
- May Deadline for Florida Small Business Emergency Loan Program
- Force Majeure in the Time of COVID-19 – FAQS for the Middle Market Executive
- Small Public Companies to Cut Audit Costs Following New SEC Rule Limiting Auditor Attestation
- The Rent Payment Crisis in the Face of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The Coronavirus is Giving Employers a Headache! You Have Questions. We Have Answers.
- Expansion of Unemployment Insurance Under the CARES Act
- OSHA Communication Requirements in the Age of COVID-19
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act – New Federal Paid Leave and Other Requirements Impacting Employers
- Employers’ Guide to the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Department of Labor Issues Guidance on Overtime Payments Under the Fair Labor Standards Act
Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation and ERISA Litigation
- Reductions in Force? Beware of Partial Termination
- New York Passes Legislation Requiring Paid and Unpaid Sick Leave to Employees Subject to Government-Ordered Quarantine or Isolation Due to COVID-19
- Employer Protection of Personal Health Information Related to COVID-19 Pandemic
- IRS Clarifies Impact of Postponed Tax Deadline on Retirement Plans, IRAs and HSAs
- COVID-19 Testing Mandate Passed by the House, Now Moves to the Senate with Trump’s Support
- High Deductible Health Plans May Waive Cost-Sharing for Coronavirus Testing and Treatment
- Retirement Plan Relief in the CARES Act
- How the CARES Act Impacts Employer-Sponsored Group Health Plans
- HHS Office for Civil Rights Issues Guidance to Help Ensure First Responders and Others Receive Protected Health Information about Individuals Exposed to COVID-19
- HHS Office of Civil Rights Issues Bulletin Confirming Non-Discrimination Obligations During COVID-19 Crisis
- COVID-19 and Disaster Relief Payments Under IRC Section 139
- April 15th Income Tax Deadline Postponed
- Gift Tax Deadline Postponed
- Pay Attention to the Notice Provisions of Your Contracts in the COVID-19 WorldImpact of COVID-19 on Intellectual Property
- For Israeli Companies Who Have Office Leases in the United States Strategies for Negotiating Rent Relief During the COVID-19 Emergency And Provisions Applicable To Most Israeli Companies with U.S. Employees, Including Mandatory Notice Provisions
- Coronavirus: Can Georgia Government Officials Order An Individual Quarantined for Public Health Reasons?
Cooperative and Condominium
- Annual Meetings and COVID-19
- COVID-19 Related Assistance for Cooperatives and Condominiums Under the Federal CARES Act
- Employment Law Updates and Best Practices for Your Building
- Employee Benefit Provisions in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (“CARES” Act)
- Cross Border COVID-19 Considerations for Companies Doing Business in the U.S.
- Coronavirus Guidelines in the Workplace: Practical Advice for Employers
- Click HERE to view the webinar
- The Paycheck Protection Program under the CARES Act
- Aviation-Focused Webinar Series:
Handling the Turbulence from COVID-19
- The Coronavirus and How it May Impact Your Business Volume 1
- The Coronavirus and How it May Impact Your Business Volume 2