Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP (SGR) is pleased to announce the firm has launched the SGR COVID-19 Resource Center to provide guidance to clients in navigating the growing legal considerations and risks they may encounter during the national emergency resulting from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak. This SGR webpage will be updated regularly with the latest news and developments as they become available.
Additionally, we have assembled a COVID-19 Task Force of Smith, Gambrell & Russell attorneys who are available to help clients navigate this evolving public health crisis. They represent diverse practice areas and industries. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact an attorney on our Response Team.
Below is a list of resources, such as webinars, alerts, blogs, articles, and communications, the firm has developed as the COVID-19 situation has unfolded.
- Main Street Lending Program Overview Chart
- Comparison Chart for MSNLF, MSELF, MSPLF, PPPL and EIDL – COVID-19 Loan Programs
- Business Interruption Insurance for COVID-19 Related Losses
- Multifamily Real Estate and the CARES Act
- The Paycheck Protection Program Under the CARES Act
- May Deadline for Florida Small Business Emergency Loan Program
- Force Majeure in the Time of COVID-19 – FAQS for the Middle Market Executive
- Small Public Companies to Cut Audit Costs Following New SEC Rule Limiting Auditor Attestation
- The Rent Payment Crisis in the Face of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Face covering requirements w_OSHA requirements
- Returning to Work During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Are You Ready?
- EEOC Announces Delay of EEO Data Collections Due to COVID-19
- What Employers Need to Know About Face Coverings
- New Jersey Amends State WARN Act and Family Leave Act
- Getting Back to Work in Uncertain Times – Guidelines for Employers
- Comparison Chart COVID-19 Loan Programs
- Are your Foreign National Employees eligible for Paid Sick Leave, Unemployment Benefits, and Stimulus Rebates?
- The Coronavirus is Giving Employers a Headache! You Have Questions. We Have Answers.
- Expansion of Unemployment Insurance Under the CARES Act
- OSHA Issues COVID-19 Enforcement Plan
- OSHA Communication Requirements in the Age of COVID-19
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act – New Federal Paid Leave and Other Requirements Impacting Employers
- Employers’ Guide to the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Department of Labor Issues Guidance on Overtime Payments Under the Fair Labor Standards Act
Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation and ERISA Litigation
- Welfare Plan Sponsors May Allow Certain Cafeteria Plan Election Changes Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Agencies Extend Benefit Plan Deadlines for Plan Sponsors and Participants Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Reductions in Force? Beware of Partial Termination
- New York Passes Legislation Requiring Paid and Unpaid Sick Leave to Employees Subject to Government-Ordered Quarantine or Isolation Due to COVID-19
- Employer Protection of Personal Health Information Related to COVID-19 Pandemic
- IRS Clarifies Impact of Postponed Tax Deadline on Retirement Plans, IRAs and HSAs
- COVID-19 Testing Mandate Passed by the House, Now Moves to the Senate with Trump’s Support
- High Deductible Health Plans May Waive Cost-Sharing for Coronavirus Testing and Treatment
- Retirement Plan Relief in the CARES Act
- How the CARES Act Impacts Employer-Sponsored Group Health Plans
- HHS Office for Civil Rights Issues Guidance to Help Ensure First Responders and Others Receive Protected Health Information about Individuals Exposed to COVID-19
- HHS Office of Civil Rights Issues Bulletin Confirming Non-Discrimination Obligations During COVID-19 Crisis
- COVID-19 and Disaster Relief Payments Under IRC Section 139
- April 15th Income Tax Deadline Postponed
- Gift Tax Deadline Postponed
- Pay Attention to the Notice Provisions of Your Contracts in the COVID-19 WorldImpact of COVID-19 on Intellectual Property
- For Israeli Companies Who Have Office Leases in the United States Strategies for Negotiating Rent Relief During the COVID-19 Emergency And Provisions Applicable To Most Israeli Companies with U.S. Employees, Including Mandatory Notice Provisions
- You May Have Insurance Coverage for COVID-19 Related Losses
- COVID-19 and Competition: Antitrust Law During the Global Pandemic
- Coronavirus: Can Georgia Government Officials Order An Individual Quarantined for Public Health Reasons?
Cooperative and Condominium
- How Should Co-Ops, Condos and Office Buildings Adjust To New York’s Social Distancing Guidelines?
- Paid Sick and Family CARE Leave – Employer Obligations Expanded and Refundable Tax Credits Granted
- Vendors to Large Retail Bankrupts: Act Quickly to Preserve and Protect Your Rights
- Annual Meetings and COVID-19
- COVID-19 Related Assistance for Cooperatives and Condominiums Under the Federal CARES Act
- Employment Law Updates and Best Practices for Your Building
- Estate Planning Essentials During COVID-19
- COVID-19 Return to Work Issues: Employer Considerations
- The CARES Act: The Government’s View on PPP “Necessity”
- The Paycheck Protection Program under the CARES Act – Revisited
- Employee Benefit Provisions in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (“CARES” Act)
- Cross Border COVID-19 Considerations for Companies Doing Business in the U.S.
- Coronavirus Guidelines in the Workplace: Practical Advice for Employers
- Click HERE to view the webinar
- The Paycheck Protection Program under the CARES Act
- Aviation-Focused Webinar Series:
Handling the Turbulence from COVID-19
- The Coronavirus and How it May Impact Your Business Volume 1
- The Coronavirus and How it May Impact Your Business Volume 2
- Leading Through the COVID-19 Pandemic & Beyond Volume 3
Episode 31 – Estate Planning and Wealth Management during COVID-19
In this episode, Collins Brown, SGR Partner in the Private Client Group Practice, discusses estate planning and wealth management during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Episode 29 – Paycheck Protection Program (P3) Revisited with SGR Partners Marc Latman and John Spillman
In this episode, SGR Partners John Spillman and Marc Latman revisit SGR’s webinar on the Paycheck Protection Program (P3) and discuss any changes you need to know, including the Government having companies return funds.
Episode 28 – Business Litigation and COVID-19 with SGR Partner Gavin White
The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America