ATLANTA (November 27, 2006) — Smith, Gambrell & Russell LLP (SGR) has added Timothy Bumann as a partner in its Litigation section. He is practicing in the area of Product Liability Defense. He has extensive experience in litigation, product liability, firearms cases and equine law.
Mr. Bumann speaks and teaches on various topics. His publications include the following:
- The Firearms and Outdoor Trade, contributing legal editor.
- The Compendium of Reported United States Firearms Products Liability Cases (3d Ed 2006).
- Reported Municipal Appellate Gun Control Cases, National Firearms Law Seminar, May 2001.
- Firearms Laws and Regulation in Negligent Distribution Cases, ABA Tort and Insurance Practice Section, Feb. 2001.
- Gun Control Through Retailer Litigation, The Brief (Published Fall, 1999).
- A Products Liability Response to Gun Control Litigation, Seton Hall Legis. J., Vol. 19, #3 (1995).
- Proof of Causation in Private Tort Actions in Georgia (Supp. 1995).
- Georgia Products Liability (Supp. 1995).
- The Application of European Product Standards in the United States, Oct. 1994.
- A Products Liability Handbook for Executives and Managers, 1994.
- Open and Obvious Products Defects, Sept. 1993
- Spoliation of Evidence, Sept. 1992.
He received his undergraduate degree in Political Science from Georgia Southern College and his J.D. degree from Georgia State University. Mr. Bumann currently is a 1st Lieutenant and Company Commander of a military security unit for the Georgia State Defense Force and a former rescue helicopter crewman with the United States Guard. He and his wife, Karan, live in Jasper County, where they raise Pinto and Paint show horses.