Join SGR Partner Jason Blair for a Live INTA Webinar
A Sound Strategy: The Importance of Copyright in the Protection and Enforcement of Sound Marks
June 1, 2022
11:00 a.m. EDT
Learn how copyright can provide and complement protection to sound marks and vice versa in which cases trademark can complement copyright concerning sounds.
A worldwide renowned sonic branding expert and experienced practitioners will cover from the creative process to the protection and enforcement of sound works and marks through use of real-world examples to address questions such as:
- How do you create a sonic identity that speaks on behalf of your brand?
- What about WIPO’s recommendations for the electronic management of sound marks?
- What are the general requirements to obtain protection of musical and nonmusical sounds via trademarks and copyrights?
- The Berne Convention: A cheaper alternative to obtain worldwide protection of your sound mark
- Copyrights vs. trademark law: advantages, disadvantages and overlaps.
- Enforcement of sound marks via copyrights.
Featuring: Walter Werzowa, Composer, Founder of MusikVergnuegen and HealthTunes (Austria)
- Alan Behr, Esq., Phillips Nizer LLP (USA)
- Jason Paul Blair, Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP (USA)
- Juan Carlos Durand, Durand Abogados (Peru)—Moderator
To register, click here.