Join Dr. Judy Jarecki-Black for the 20th Advanced Summit on Life Sciences Patents presented by the American Conference Institute.
Standing Out in a Crowded CRISPR World: How to Strengthen Your Portfolios and Patents Utilizing CRISPR Technology
June 3, 2022
1:45 p.m. EDT
Despite the legal uncertainty over who owned CRISPR technology, patent applications utilizing CRISPR technology were being filed at an unprecedented rate. The PTAB has now ruled in favor of the Broad Institute. In this pre-patent litigation bubble (which may soon burst), extra strategizing is needed to be both profitable and protected. Our panelists, which include the lawyers representing the Broad Institute, will discuss:
- What the PTAB’s decision could mean for your patent portfolio
- The traditional vs newer utilizations of CRISPR technology and important factors to consider when drafting claims
- Licensing CRISPR technology
- Practical issues to review with clients on the verge of launch, including FTOs
- Reviewing the differences of mRNA, CRISPR, and vector technology in gene editing with a focus on costs and efficiency
- A special look into the use of CRISPR in Animal Health, and why collaboration with Animal Health may save you and your client significant costs
To learn more and to register for the 20th Advanced Summit on Life Sciences Patents, click here.