Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP and Atlanta Technology Angels
invite you to the May ATA education event “Intellectual Property Considerations for Investing in Early-Stage Companies”
Thursday, May 19, 2016
5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Promenade Building, 31st Floor
Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP
1230 Peachtree Street, NE
Whether you are an angel investor or entrepreneur, intellectual property issues play an important part in assessing an investment opportunity in an early-stage company. To help us address these issues, we have assembled three well-known subject matter experts who will present and discuss intellectual property from both the investor’s and entrepreneur’s perspective. The topics will include:
- Intellectual property’s impact on company valuation
- How a company protects its intellectual property
- Patent protection, process and strategy
- How to protect trade secrets and know-how
- Branding and trademark protection
We will hear presentations from three expert speakers:
- John Bacon, Founder and Chairman of iP2Biz LLC
- Greg Kirsch, Partner at Smith, Gambrell & Russell
- Rodgers Lunsford, Partner at Smith, Gambrell & Russell
The presentations will be amplified with war stories from the presenters’ many years of working with investors and early-stage companies. The session will be interactive, so bring your questions.
Registration is complimentary if you register through Smith, Gambrell & Russell.
For registration, please click the following link: RSVP