Smith, Gambrell & Russell’s EB-5 Immigrant Investment Group includes attorneys from multiple practice areas who have experience in immigration, securities, finance, tax, real estate and corporate law.
The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program provides Lawful Permanent Residence (“green cards”) to foreign national who invest from $500,000 to $1,000,000 in U.S. ventures, and create or save 10 full-time jobs for U.S. workers. In particular through the use of Regional Centers and investments in Targeted Employment Areas, the EB-5 program provides significant opportunities for foreign national and domestic businesses, with the overall effect of stimulating the U.S. economy.
This team works closely with foreign investors, developers, lenders and organizations to determine the options available to them for developing new projects that might qualify for EB-5 immigrant investment.
SGR services include:
- advising developers and other sponsors on the appropriate EB-5 structure based on their business goals and objectives
- reviewing EB-5 regional center and project-specific business plans, economic impact analyses, securities offering documents, and corporate documents for compliance with EB-5 program requirements, and in advising EB-5 investors on the specific immigration requirements of the EB-5 program
- assists EB-5 investors with immigration filings related to investment projects across a variety of industries, including manufacturing, retail, hospitality, and others
- counseling on financing strategies
- advising financial institutions on lending and other transactions with Regional Centers and affiliated sponsors
- advising project developers, private equity firms and other business entities with understanding, achieving and maintaining compliance with federal immigration laws and federal and state securities laws, including exemptions from registration and investor disclosures in private placement memoranda