Smith, Gambrell & Russell has long assisted manufacturers in many industries with the wide variety of legal issues encountered by a manufacturing business.
Drawing upon experienced lawyers in each of our offices and from over 40 practice groups — from corporate and finance issues and economic incentives, to employment practices and litigation, to environmental compliance and intellectual property protection — we routinely help each of our manufacturing clients address the many legal issues faced by their business.
Our Manufacturing practice includes a strong base of experience across numerous industry sectors, including:
- Building Materials
- Food Production
- Natural Resources
- Consumer Products
- Medical Devices
- Pulp and Paper
Representative manufacturing industry matters on which we’ve recently worked include:
- Advised a manufacturing client with a facility in the State of Washington with compliance with Washington’s General Permit Governing Discharges of Storm Water from Industrial Activities and also assisted the client in successfully resolving a Clean Water Act “citizen suit” filed by a local environmental organization regarding the facility’s compliance with the General Permit.
- Assisted major German cold rolled steel manufacturer with plant siting and economic incentives package.
- Advised leading national metals processor in acquisition of new manufacturing division and related proprietary technology.
- Advised specialty aluminum casting technologies company on long-term development, licensing and sourcing agreement with major automotive OEM.
- Counseled major multi-national automotive OEM on significant financing agreements with major banks.
- Acted as outside general counsel for multi-national paper products equipment company, including assisting with completion of significant business acquisitions and structuring and negotiating collaboration agreement on development of renewable energy products.
- Counseled major national bus manufacturer on products liability matters and related litigation.
- Assisted multi-national chemical and materials company with North American product supply and distribution arrangements.
- Acted as outside general counsel for national consumer products packaging and labels manufacturer.
- Helped solar energy components producer with federal and state environmental compliance.
- Advised national food products manufacturer on compliance with Food and Drug Administration and other food marketing regulations.